Nowadays, people use microphones frequently, but not many people can really use microphones well. The so-called "good use" is nothing more than good sound pickup, long service life and harmless to health. Let's talk about several major mistakes that we often see, which are also taboo in our use.
1. Don't tap the microphone or blow into the microphone during the sound test. Because the microphone's pickup part is more sophisticated and the parts are very delicate, tapping the microphone or blowing into the microphone can easily cause damage or component displacement, which will ultimately affect the sound quality.
2. Avoid that the microphone is too far away from the sound source or close to the microphone. The best distance is about 10 cm. Some "leaders" speak far away from the microphone, and some singers are close to the microphone, causing the pickup sound to be too small. At this time, pushing the volume fader up can easily cause howling; The sound of airflow was also picked up, making a "pupu" interference sound.
3. Avoid pulling the lead of the microphone when submitting the microphone. Because the microphone has a certain weight, the lead wire is often pulled, it is very easy to cause the lead wire to break, the plug contact is not good, and the pickup failure is caused.
4. Avoid turning off the power of the microphone after use. When speaking in a meeting or after singing, you should turn off the microphone switch in time. At this time, if the sound controller does not turn off the mixer volume fader in time: on the one hand, other noises are also picked up. Go in, and on the other hand, it will also play out some unnecessary speeches. President Bush had such an experience, which caused embarrassment.
5. Avoid using your mouth close to the microphone. Some people do not pay attention or pursue a close-talking effect when using it. Often the mouth is close to the microphone, but I don't know that this not only destroys the normal frequency response of the microphone, but also causes a lot of hidden dangers to health. There are many germs on the mesh cover of the microphone.
6. Don't quit the battery when the microphone is not used for a long time. Now general wireless microphones or conference microphones require battery power. If the microphone is not used for a long time, the battery should be withdrawn to avoid battery leakage and corrosion of the microphone.
7. Avoid placing the microphone randomly. The microphone is a precision device. It should be placed in a clean, dry, and non-corrosive gas or dusty place. It should also be handled with care, and it must be avoided to fall on the ground, otherwise it will be damaged in all likelihood.
8. For condenser microphones, avoid blindly adding phantom voltage. Because the capacitor of condenser microphones needs to be polarized to work normally, when using condenser microphones, phantom voltage must be added. We must turn on the phantom power switch on the mixer, and pay attention to the voltage value and polarity at the same time, otherwise, not only can it not be used normally, it may cause damage.