Today, I will answer a question that people are always confused. What is the difference between a condenser microphone and a dynamic microphone?
First, let's look at the explanation:
1. Condenser microphone: As the name suggests, it is a microphone that needs power supply. It is divided into two categories, one is a handheld microphone, like the microphone in stage performances and KTV. This battery-powered handheld condenser microphone is generally AA battery; the other is a recording microphone, such as the long-term use in radio studios and recording studios, and requires 48V phantom power. The characteristics of condenser microphones are: high clarity and sensitivity, full and thick sound quality but not muddy, the disadvantage is that the sensitivity is too high, not suitable for high noise places.
2. Dynamic microphone: Because the sound signal of this microphone is generated, it is mainly completed by the wire coil closely connected to the diaphragm continuously moving in the magnetic field according to the change of sound pressure, without DC working voltage, that is, it does not need power supply. . It is easy to use and has low noise. The sound quality of dynamic microphones is thick, full, and strong in noise resistance. The disadvantage is that the volume is small, the voice is dull, and the clarity and sensitivity are not good enough.
Condenser microphones should not be used in the following situations:
1) Very amateur level, the singing level is not high, the voice defect is relatively large, and the condenser microphone cannot be used.
2) The soundproofing condition of the home is not good.
In this case, the sensitivity of the dynamic microphone is low, and it is very suitable to only record the sound of a small range in front of the microphone.
3) You are an excellent male voice with a deep, thick, and magnetic voice. In this case, there is no need to use condenser microphones. Of course, in the absence of other shortcomings, only in terms of effect, the condenser microphone recorded a deep, thick, and magnetic male voice with richer and more natural details. However, believe me, you invested five to ten times more money, and the effect was only 5%.