What are the advantages of condenser microphones?
1. It can directly convert sound into electrical energy signals. Condenser microphones use the principle of capacitor charging and discharging between conductors, and use ultra-thin metal or gold-plated plastic film as the vibrating membrane to induce sound pressure to change the static voltage between the conductors. Direct conversion As an electrical energy signal, it is designed to obtain practical output impedance and sensitivity through electronic circuit coupling.
2. It can show the characteristics of original sound reproduction, and audio experts take the pursuit of "original sound reproduction" as the highest level of sound. From the analysis of the basic design principles of microphones, it is not difficult to find that condenser microphones not only rely on sophisticated mechanism manufacturing technology, but also combine complex electronic circuits to directly convert sound into electrical energy signals. They have inherently superior characteristics, so they become a pursuit. The best choice for those who "reproduce the original sound".
3. With a very wide frequency response, the diaphragm is the main component of the microphone that senses sound and converts it into electrical energy signals. The material of the diaphragm and the design of the mechanism determine the characteristics of the microphone's sound quality. Because the diaphragm of a condenser microphone can be made of extremely thin and light materials, and the induced sound pressure is directly converted into an audio signal, the frequency response of the bass can be extended to ultra-low frequencies below 10 Hz, and the treble can easily reach tens of KHz. Ultra high frequency, showing very wide frequency response characteristics!
4. It has ultra-high sensitivity. Because there is no voice coil load on the diaphragm, an extremely thin and light design can be used, so not only the frequency response is extremely superior, but also it has excellent sensitivity, which can sense extremely weak sound waves, and output the most delicate and delicate Precise original sound!
5. Fast transient response characteristics. In addition to the characteristics that determine the frequency response and sensitivity of the microphone, the ability of the diaphragm to respond quickly to sound waves, the so-called "transient response" characteristics, is one of the most important factors affecting the timbre of the microphone. The speed of the microphone's transient response characteristics is determined by the weight of the entire diaphragm. The lighter the diaphragm, the faster the response speed. The extremely thin diaphragm of the condenser capsule has a very fast transient response characteristic, which can show a majestic, warm and vigorous tone and precise audio and video. In particular, the bass and mid-range have no coloration and box sound at all, and the treble is cold and ethereal, which is the most significant feature of the capacitive tone.
6. It has the characteristics of ultra-low touch noise. The touch noise caused by contact with the palm of the hand-held microphone makes the original sound mixed with additional noise, which has a huge impact on the sound quality, especially for wireless microphones with preamplifier circuits. Serious, so touch noise has become an important item for judging the quality of microphones. From the perspective of physical phenomena, the goose feathers fall to the floor like the copper plate, and the goose feathers can hardly hear the falling sound, while the copper plate is very loud, indicating that the lighter material has less impact than the heavier. In the same way, the diaphragm of a condenser microphone is relatively light, and inherently has the excellent characteristics of "ultra-low touch noise".
7. With the characteristics of drop resistance and impact resistance, it is inevitable that the microphone will inevitably cause malfunction or abnormality due to accidental drop and collision. Since the condenser capsule is composed of lighter plastic parts and a strong light metal shell, the impact force of falling to the ground is small, and the failure rate of damage is low.
8. Small size and light weight. Condenser microphones have the characteristics of small size, light weight, high sensitivity and superior frequency response due to the ultra-thin diaphragm, so they can be designed as ultra-small microphones for a wide range of applications.
9. It is suitable for mounting on wireless microphones. Condenser microphones have the above-mentioned excellent features and have become the favorite of sound engineering experts and singers. Wireless microphones have become a trend in the world today to sing on stage or karaoke at home.